The University Libraries welcomes alumni and visitors to explore our spaces, attend our events, and utilize select services. We are happy to answer any questions and appreciate your suggestions for expanding our services.
Browsing & Borrowing
- All visitors and CMU alumni are welcome to browse and use physical collections of books, bound journals, newspapers, and microfilm while visiting any of our library locations.
- All CMU alumni are able to check out books after purchasing a Special Borrower Card. The yearly fee is $75 for visitors and $50 for CMU alums. Cardholders can borrow ten items for 30 days with one renewal.
- View borrowing allocations.
Use Library Spaces & Technology
- The Libraries are open and accessible to all, regardless of affiliation with CMU.
- As a visitor or CMU alum, you have two-hour access to computers in library locations with a guest pass. To get a guest pass, present valid photo ID at a circulation desk. The guest pass will automatically expire 24 hours from issuance.
Access Electronic Databases
Visitors and CMU alums have access to electronic databases while on campus in a library location. To access databases, obtain a guest pass as described above. There is no remote (off campus) access to databases for visitors or alums.
Connect with Us
- View the Libraries Workshops and Events Calendar
- Explore our Current and Digital Exhibits
- Sign up for the Libraries' Newsletter
Plan Your Visit
Resources for Visitors with Disabilities
If you encounter barriers in accessing any library materials due to a disability, please complete the Accessibility Request Form to request an accommodation. University Libraries is happy to work with you to ensure that all material is accessible to you.