If you need materials that CMU doesn't have, there are two services that can help. ILLiad is a full-service option: we search for the item and get it to you. E-Z Borrow is a self-service option (for books only): you search for the item and we get it to you. These services are provided at no cost to you.
Request books, articles, theses, and more. Use your Andrew ID and password to log in.
- Log in using your Andrew ID and password.
- Fill out the appropriate request form (article, book, chapter, etc.).
- Click Submit Request.
That's it--we'll let you know via email when your physical items are ready to pick up or when your electronic items are available for download. You can log in to ILLiad to request renewals and see the status of your requests.
If we can't get an item, the Interlibrary Loan office will contact you.
- First-time ILLiad users need to register before they can request items.
- You can also use the Log in to ILLiad button to log in to ILLiad to request renewals and see the status of your requests.
- Some items, like textbooks, are very difficult to acquire. If we can’t get an item, the Interlibrary Loan office will contact you.
- Use the button to submit requests directly from our databases and Google Scholar.
Request books only from participating libraries. Use your 9-digit CMU ID number to log in.
- Log in using your library patron ID.
- Search for the book you're looking for.
- In the results page, click on the book you want.
- In the book record, look for the request option.
- Select a pickup location.
- Click Request.
After you click Request, you should see a message that says "Your request has been submitted to E-Z Borrow."
When the item is available for pickup, you'll receive an email letting you know.
Please note that we do not provide direct delivery services from Pitt, CLP, or other area libraries. To have items delivered, please use Interlibrary Loan or E-Z Borrow. See Other libraries for more information about area library options.