Up your Google game
Want to get more out of something you already use? Configure Google Scholar so you can access CMU licensed materials.
- Navigate to scholar.google.com
- Access the Google Scholar settings page
- Go to Library Links and type in Carnegie Mellon University. This configuration only has to be completed once. Now each time you search, if an item is available through the CMU Library's licensed holdings, you will see a 'Full Text @ My Library' link to the right of the result, as pictured here. Click the link to access the material. If you are off-campus, you may be asked to authenticate with your Andrew credentials.
- Select Carnegie Mellon University – Full Text @ My Library.
- Save your preferences.
Google Scholar now allows you to create a library of saved materials, including up-to-date article links, citing articles, related articles, formatted citations, links to your university’s subscriptions, and more.
If you create a Scholar profile, articles you’ve written will automatically be included in your library and you can also import everything you’ve cited.
- Click the star icon below a search result to save it to your library where you can read or cite it later.
- Click My Library to see all the articles in your library and search their full text.