New Database Trials
The Carnegie Mellon University Libraries currently offers trial online access to the following databases. These trials are available on a temporary basis only. University Libraries will make a decision about subscribing to these electronic resources based on interest, cost, and usability.
To view permanent additions and changes to databases available at the University Libraries, see our A-Z Databases page.
Please send your feedback, evaluation, comments, and questions to the email listed with each resource below. For access problems, please contact us.
- Description: A U.S. national data and mapping tool and analytics platform with multidisciplinary applications. Useful for social sciences, urban studies, real estate and housing analysis, community and economic development, public administration, public health, policy and political science, education, business, economics, statistics, and geography, among others. Includes thousands of U.S. data indicators for demographic and socioeconomic analysis, from a neighborhood census block group in many cases, up to a national level.
- Trial expires: October 15, 2018
- Feedback: Sarah Young, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: On Architecture is an online collection of original architecture-related videos, including interviews with primary contemporary architects, and portrayals of key works. OnArchitecture offers opportunities for discovery and self-learning, and provides a global perspective of the discipline of architecture.
- Trial expires: December 30, 2018
- Feedback: Martin Aurand, email@example.com
- Description: The online reference is based on a 24-volume print edition and incorporates the content that was originally available across more than 14,000 pages. Edited by internationally renowned figures in the field, it will be updated annually with 10% revised and new content, focusing on key topics in materials science in line with current developments.
- Trial expires: 03/31/2019
- Feedback: Donna Beck, firstname.lastname@example.org
News category: Research support, Search & Find, Using the Libraries