DB trial: American History
Database trial subscription to American History, 1493-1945 through April 21, 2016.
Contact Sue Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or feedback.
This unique collection of documents brings to life American History from the times of the earliest settlers until the end of World War II. It is sourced from the Gilder Lehrman Collection, one of the finest archives available for the study of American history. Its quantity and quality offers a wonderful overview of American history alongside some deep research strands and is divided into two modules:
- Module 1 Settlement, Commerce, Revolution and Reform: 1493-1859 and
- Module 2 Civil War, Reconstruction and the Modern Era: 1860-1945
- Over 60,000 primary source documents split across two modules, including correspondence, diaries, government documents, business records, books, pamphlets, newspapers, broadsides, photographs, artwork and maps
- Majority of the collection is unique manuscript
- Extensive cataloguing to aid search
- Translations and transcriptions for many manuscripts
- Secondary resources include chronology, essays, video lectures and interactive features
News category: Search & Find