Please visit Careers @ Carnegie Mellon to view the staff jobs available at the University Libraries.
Please visit the Vice Provost for Faculty to view the faculty jobs available at the University Libraries.
- CMU-Q Instruction and Outreach Librarian
- Leadership & Innovation Teaching Track Faculty
- IDeATe Adjunct Instructor in Animation
University Libraries, Student Libraries Assistant
The University Libraries’ Access Services team is currently hiring students to assist with the following library related tasks:
- Circulation of library materials.
- Helping patrons locate information both in print and online.
- Processing of patron physical and digital requests.
- Providing courier services between libraries.
- Performing collection maintenance duties such as removing holds, shelving, shifting, shelf-reading and weeding of materials.
- Provide routine maintenance for equipment in the public spaces (workstations, public printers, and scanners).
- Helps full-time staff to maintain a clean, quiet, and safe environment for patrons on the floor.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Salary starts at $9.25/hour.
We employ students in a variety of jobs at each of our library locations.
Visit Handshake to see open library positions and apply online. You'll be contacted by email or a phone call. If you aren't contacted, it means all positions are currently filled or your schedule doesn't fit our current needs.
Student Advisory Council
All undergraduate and graduate students are invited to apply to join the Student Advisory Council. We need your voice now more than ever, and students who serve on the Libraries Student Advisory Council have the opportunity to gain a unique perspective on the operations of the Libraries and obtain valuable expertise in student leadership, teamwork, and creativity.