Study Room Guidelines
These guidelines are based on input from the Libraries Student Advisory Board, a focus group representative of the CMU student population, and by consulting other libraries’ policies and procedures.
Questions and/or suggestions regarding these guidelines can be directed to library administration.
The group study rooms exist to provide two or more students a quiet place to work on academic tasks. Group study rooms can only be reserved by CMU undergraduate and graduate students. They are not to be used for regular class meetings, job interviews or recruitment activities.
- Reservations must be made online at https://www.library.cmu.edu/using/study.
- Rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- Open time slots may be used by walk-in groups (i.e. those without a prior reservation). Walk-in groups must reserve the room online in order that they may secure continued use of the room for the remainder of that time.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes after the initial reserved time. After that time, reserved rooms become available for walk-in groups. The walk-in group has the right to occupy the room regardless of whether or not the scheduled group shows up.
- No recurring reservations (same time, same day each week) may be scheduled.
- All group study rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before the Library’s closing time.
- Rooms must be left clean and in order = trash placed in waste cans and furniture returned to original location.