Place a Hold to recall a book that's checked out?
If an item that you want is checked out, you can request a hold on it. A hold request means that we'll ask whoever has the item to return it early so that you can check it out. We sometimes say the material is "recalled" when referring to hold requests.
To place a hold request on a book
- Search for the item in Books & More.
- Click on the item title in the results list.
- In the item record, click on Place Hold (next to the due date listed).
- Log in using your Andrew ID and password, if prompted.
- Choose a pick-up library from the drop-down menu.
- Click Submit Request.
You'll be notified via email when the item is ready for you to pick up.
Every user gets at least 7 days with an item before they are required to bring it back early because of a hold request.
If someone checks out an item on Monday and you place a hold request on Tuesday, s/he will not be asked to return it until Sunday; it will be at least a week before the item is available to you. Hold requests/recalls can take between 1 and 3 weeks.
We can't tell you who has a book checked out, but you can see the due date for a checked out item by clicking on an item title to open the item record when searching the library catalog.