New Database Trials
The Carnegie Mellon University Libraries currently offers trial online access to the following databases. These trials are available on a temporary basis only. University Libraries will make a decision about subscribing to these electronic resources based on interest, cost, and usability.
To view permanent additions and changes to databases available at the University Libraries, see our A-Z Databases page.
Please send your feedback, evaluation, comments, and questions to the email listed with each resource below. For access problems, please contact us.
- Description: The National New Play Exchange is a non-profit theater alliance dedicated to the development, production and dissemination of new plays. In their script discovery database search, read and download scripts, view writer profiles, contact writers, read script recommendations from professionals throughout the field; search plays by cast size, play length, age level, genre, subject matter, gender or sexual identity and ethnicity; search people by writer type and demographics.
Other features of NPX include an organization search, periodic “featured lists” of writers, plays and organizations, and an index of large-cast shows, solo shows and shorts and 2-person scripts.
- Trial expires: November 15, 2018
- Feedback: Maureen Dawley, email@example.com
- Description: Bloomsbury Applied Visual Arts offers instant, searchable access to over 170 books which combine visual inspiration with practical advice on idea generation, research techniques, portfolio development and more, across the main visual arts disciplines.
- Trial expires: November 9, 2018
- Feedback: Jill Chisnell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: SAGE Video is a collection of teaching and research-oriented video material within the social sciences, curated to support students of all levels. It includes clips from leading experts, real-world scenarios, how-to guides, conference presentation excerpts, tutorials, interviews, and more.
- Trial expires: November 30, 2018
- Feedback: Sarah Young, email@example.com
- Description: On Architecture is an online collection of original architecture-related videos, including interviews with primary contemporary architects, and portrayals of key works. OnArchitecture offers opportunities for discovery and self-learning, and provides a global perspective of the discipline of architecture.
- Trial expires: December 30, 2018
- Feedback: Martin Aurand, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The online reference is based on a 24-volume print edition and incorporates the content that was originally available across more than 14,000 pages. Edited by internationally renowned figures in the field, it will be updated annually with 10% revised and new content, focusing on key topics in materials science in line with current developments.
- Trial expires: 03/31/2019
- Feedback: Donna Beck, email@example.com
News category: Research support, Search & Find, Using the Libraries