The annual Excellence Awards recognizes library employees for exceptional performance in any of five areas:
- Citizenship (individual): Contribute to key library concerns through exemplary citizenship in support of the mission of the Libraries.
- Customer Satisfaction (individual or team): Advance the Libraries’ vision, mission, and values by improving customer service; e.g. through exceptional communications, cooperation, or collaboration.
- Innovation (individual or team): Improve library service; e.g. by changing procedures or policies, completing a significant project, or launching a new initiative.
- Outreach (individual or team): Forward the instructional and research mission of the library; e.g. by providing reference or instruction, improving access to information resources, or conducting research that advances knowledge or provides data for decision making.
- Productivity (individual or team): Increase efficiency; e.g. by improving a work process, containing or reducing costs, increasing resources or revenues, eliminating wastefulness, or reducing errors.
- Cash Prize (cash prizes are taxable)
- Individuals: $500
- Teams: $2,000 divided equally among team members, not to exceed $500 each
- Framed certificate signed by the Dean
- Announcement to the university community
- Nominee must have completed at least one year of employment in the Libraries; winner must be employed in the Libraries when the award is presented.
- An employee who has received an individual Excellence Award within the last three years is eligible to receive an award as a member of a team and is ineligible to receive an individual award. An employee who has received a team Excellence Award within the last three years is eligible to receive an award as a member of a team and is eligible to receive an individual award.
- Recipients of last year’s individual awards will select this year’s Excellence Award winners.
- Members of the current Awards Committee and Dean and Associate Dean are ineligible for Excellence awards.
Previous Winners (Not Eligible in 2019)
- 2018: Kate Barbera, Heidi Bartlett, Andrew Prisbylla, Shannon Riffe, Alicia Salaz, Staff Lounge Renovation Team (Katie Behrman, Jill Chisnell, Doug Blair, Ruth Ann Schmidt, Chris Matan, Heidi Bartlett), ILS (Alma/Primo) Project Team: (Terry Hurlbert, Ken Rose, Ona Taylor, Barry Schles, Dominick Jebbia, Andrew Prisbylla, Denise Novak, Kim Sestili, Maranda Reilly, Sue Collins, Jon Singletary, Chris Kellen)
- 2017: Ryan Splenda, Chris Kellen, Terry Hurlbert, Gloria Henning, Dawn Caldwell, David Scherer, SAGE Team (Jill Chisnell, Terrence Chiusano, Julia Corrin, Rikk Mulligan, Ana Van Gulick, Ole Villadsen), Ann Marie Mesco
- 2016: Charlotte Trexler, Julia Corrin, Access Services Team (Chris Cramer, Lorri-Keeling Oliver, Arnette Loggins, Andrew Marshall, Andy Perlman, Barry Schles)