Internet technologies have fueled movements to expand access to research and to recognize different types of work products . The #OpenCMU campaign aims to increase access to CMU work by educating and engaging the CMU community in important practices that can enhance discovery, use and impact of CMU research. The list of topics to be addressed include ORCID, open access, open access repositories, open access publishing, public (open) access mandates, open data, open data mandates, open licenses (e.g., Creative Commons), copyright and author rights.
Lightning slideshows and flyers
Come back often -- We're adding more brief slideshows and docs!
Copyright & Author Rights
- Copyright Primer
- Fair Use Primer: Using Other People's Work
- CMU Guidelines: Author Rights & Preservation
- Copyright, You & CMU
- Open Access: Why do it?
- Open Access: How to do it
- Publisher Open Access Policies
- Elsevier's Sharing Policy
- Open Access Do's and Don'ts
Open Access Publishing
- Open Access Double Dipping
- CMU Libraries Fund for Open Access Publishing
- Discounts on Open Access Publishing Fees
- PeerJ: Lifetime Memberships & Open Peer Review Options
- How to Identify Quality Journals
- Publishing Your Dissertation
- Innovations in Peer Review
Open Access Repositories
Public Access Mandates