Digital Scholarship Summer Internship
Carnegie Mellon University‚Äôs digital scholarship center, dSHARP, is offering an eight week summer internship to occur between May 29th and August 24th, 2018 (exact dates flexible).
The Summer Intern will be expected to work on two to four pre-existing projects during their tenure, with the projects determined based on how their skills and interests best match with current center and faculty projects. Example projects they might work on include the Bridges of Pittsburgh (databases, GIS, graph theory), the Carnegie Mellon Encyclopedia of Science History (history of science, web publishing, editorial work), or Digits (digital preservation). As appropriate, the Summer Intern may also work collaboratively with center faculty to develop digital resources for the dSHARP website (WordPress, digital pedagogy).
- Currently or recently enrolled in a Ph.D. or MLS/MSIS program
- Previous experience in digital scholarship, digital humanities, or digital publishing
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in an innovative and interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Applicants should submit the following by February 15, 2018 to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Names, emails, and phone numbers for two people who can speak to your previous experience in digital scholarship, digital humanities, or digital publishing
Applicants will be notified by March 31, 2018.News category: About us