Welcome to the University Libraries Blogs! These blogs arose out of a need to create an online venue for our on-staff experts to do a deep dive into their topics of interest. Unlike the News section of our website, which offers timely updates of events and services, the blogs are a space for specialists to post whatâ€™s current or noteworthy in their subject areas, providing readers with an expertâ€™s view of library services and collections.
Weâ€™ve organized this blog into nine blog channels. A blog channel is like a television channel in that it presents curated content around a specific theme. Read on for a description of each of our blog channels and make sure to subscribe to our RSS Feed to make sure you donâ€™t miss a post!
- Back in the Stacks â€“ Sure, youâ€™ve heard of the current bestsellers, but what about books from previous years that you never had a chance to read? Rediscover some great titles you may have missed.
- dSHARP â€“ The dSHARP center, co-sponsored by the University Libraries and the Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences, promotes innovative digital research by connecting scholars to collaborators and resources; researching original questions relevant to the arts, humanities, and sciences; and educating the community about digital tools and research methods.
- New Ebla â€“ University Librariesâ€™ take on the past and future of libraries, with an emphasis on emerging technologies and roles.
- Scholarly Communications â€“ Information and updates supporting the creation, dissemination, use, and preservation of the research data, creative works, and other scholarly outputs that weave together the fabric of your research.
- Scotty Tales â€“ Exploring unusual finds from the University Archives.
- Teaching and Learning @ the Library â€“ How teaching and learning theory and practice function in libraries.
- The Information Environment - The people, collections, and services that support the University Librariesâ€™ mission to build, steward, and enhance the information environment of CMU.
- The Intrepid Researcher â€“ Research librarians give you the latest on the most effective resources, tips, and tools to optimize your work at every step of the research process.
- Unique @ CMU â€“ Spotlight on rarely seen items in our Special Collections.
Tags: About Us, See all tags