The library offers one internship per semester for a CMU student to do individual research in the Posner Memorial Collection and prepare a public exhibit. The intern is selected by a panel of reviewers on the basis of an application essay (project proposal).
Interns receive a $3000 stipend and work 15 hrs/wk to create exhibits in collaboration with librarians. Internships are funded by the Posner Fine Arts Foundation.
TO APPLY Go to goo.gl/iSChRX. Any CMU undergraduate or graduate student may apply by submitting an application essay no later than 11:59pm November 30.
Students who wish to earn academic credit must gain permission from their academic department and/or school before the internship begins. The intern should have a faculty advisor.
The goals of the internship program are to enable students to:
- Fulfill the Posner Fine Arts Foundation's mission for education, visibility, and use of the Posner Memorial Collection
- Participate in an active, collaborative learning experience
- Integrate knowledge from a variety of sources and fields
- Present ideas in an exhibit and online project
Tips for a winning application:
- Visit the Posner Center
- Become familiar with the Posner Memorial Collection
- Submit an application essay (project proposal) by 11:59pm November 30
For questions or more information about the internship, please contact Mary Catharine Johnsen at 412-268-6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.News category: Events, Search & Find