Collection Type:

Biography/History: 

The Hunting-Davis Company, Architects and Engineers, was founded in 1910 by E. N. Hunting, Engineer, and L. N. Davis, Architect. The firm was later known as Hunting, Davis, and Dunnells; Hunting, Larsen, and Dunnells; and Larsen and Ludwig, Inc. In its early history, the firm specialized in buildings for industry and warehousing, which are common elements of Pittsburgh's architectural landscape.

Scope and Content: 

Drawings dated 1911-1956 represent numerous industrial projects including the Locomotive Stoker Company and the Dravo Company Neville Island Shipyard, warehouse projects, and automobile dealerships. Included as well are drawings for the house, barn, and outbuildings of Vosemary Farm (1911), the North Hills estate of former Pittsburgh mayor, E. V. Babcock.

Select Bibliography: 

The Hunting-Davis Company, Architects and Engineers, Pittsburgh, PA. New York: Architectural Catalog Company, 1924.