Collection Type:

1863 to 1942

Ralph Adams Cram of Cram, Goodhue, and Ferguson, and later Cram and Ferguson, was America's premier Gothic Revival architect. He and his firms designed three major churches in Pittsburgh: Calvary Episcopal Church in Shadyside (1906-1907), Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church in Homewood (1928), and East Liberty Presbyterian Church (1931-1935); and a church in Greensburg: the First Presbyterian Church of Greensburg (1917).

Scope and Content: 

Collection includes published brochures on East Liberty Presbyterian Church; blueprints for Holy Rosary Church; and extensive documentation of Calvary Episcopal Church including ink-on-linen architectural drawings, blueprints, shop drawings for carved details, and specifications. The Pittsburgh Builders Exchange Collection includes construction photographs of the First Presbyterian Church of Greensburg.