Glenn Bickerstaff maintained a quintessential postwar practice of the 1940s and 1950s, based in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, and focused on communities south and west of Pittsburgh. His projects included gasoline stations (for the Royal Oil Company), automobile dealerships, motels, bowling alleys, and developer housing. Bickerstaff also designed numerous churches, including church prototypes for the boards of missions of the United Presbyterian Church and the American Lutheran Church that were presumably replicated in expanding postwar communities all over the country.
Working drawings, renderings, photographs, and specifications document the full range of Bickerstaff's practice, though many individual church commissions have been excluded. Many varieties of mission church prototypes are represented by drawings and renderings.
McKee, Tally. "Architecture and Automobiles: Glenn A. Bickstaff, Architect." Charette 30:2 (February 1950), cover, 12-13.